The Ungroup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diet Challenge

5 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Diet Challenge Empty Diet Challenge

Post  Lissa Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:16 am

There's been some interest in losing some weight and wanted to know who would be up for a challenge?

The one I was in (and still am!) with friends was based on percentage of weight lost and cash prizes. We all dieted/exercised in our own way, so if you prefer WW or Atkins or just dried spaghetti and water, you were free to pick your own method of torture. We're all different, so what works for me may not work for you and vice versa.

Anyway, our pay-in was $20 and it was divided into 3 prizes: 1st (50%), 2nd (30%), and 3rd (20%). However, we don't have to do it that way, as there are only a handful of us. Maybe we pick a night to go out to dinner and the winner doesn't have to pay? Or we all kick in $10-20 and the winner gets a gift certificate to a store of their choice? I'm open to suggestions.

The competition thing really works, at least for me (I came in 3rd of 20 players). I'm still playing, but not for money. I like the competition, but mostly I like being involved and getting the support, suggestions, and advice from those who are also struggling and it keeps us all motivated.

Our challenges have always been 10 weeks, but we can make it as long as you want. We have also always done weigh-ins on Thursday, so if you have weekend plans that may prove to be "challenging", you have opportunity to make it up. And if you don't want to make your weight public, you can just report to me and I'll lock it in the vault. I'll just post your percentage of weight lost. But, I will say that ever since I owned up to my weight and made it public, I've been a much happier person. But, that's just me. tongue

I'm in the middle of a challenge right now, but I'm ready to start another whenever you are. No time like the present. The weather is gorgeous and the pools are warming up. Time to start thinking about swimsuits. (ugh!) Today is the beginning of Lent, so we can just do a quick challenge through Easter. Put down the chocolate eggs and step away from the Girl Scout cookies. pig

In my best Jerry Maguire impersonation: "Who's coming with me?" Basketball
Lissa
Lissa
Admin

https://ungroup.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Diet Challenge Empty Re: Diet Challenge

Post  HannahBears_Mom Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:17 pm

I'm in. I'll do it...I need someone to kick my butt into going to the gym.
HannahBears_Mom
HannahBears_Mom

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramie Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:38 am

I am all for this...does the 10 pounds I already lost count...LOL...and thats been hard with all the steroid meds I have been on...

I weigh in on Friday mornings for my diet plan, so I guess Thursdays are just as good...
Ramie
Ramie

Back to top Go down

Post  Lissa Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:52 am

Fridays work for me, too. That will keep me from relaxing too much on Thursdays from my morning weigh-in. Laughing

What do you want to do for prizes? Or do we just want bragging rights? I'm in for whatever we decide on. The prize thing IS a big motivator, though. Razz

Ramie, since you weighed in the morning (I'm assuming?), do you all want to start today? If so, send me your initial weigh-ins and I'll keep track. You can PM me and I promise I'll just put it straight in the vault. If you don't care, you can just post it here.

I was 202.6 this morning.
Lissa
Lissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramie Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:13 pm

I dont know what to do for prizes....I like the gift certificate and the dinner ideal..I know, I am no help....

My scale only does whole and have pounds...not fancy like yours....so I was at 167
Ramie
Ramie

Back to top Go down

Post  Lissa Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:18 pm

Pfff...fancy? It was like $19.99 from Walmart. LOL

Jen? Karen? Anyone else?
Lissa
Lissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramie Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:13 pm

Will WTF then scratch ...We paid a whole lot more for ours, but that was a few years ago....it still only does full and half pounds....LOL
Ramie
Ramie

Back to top Go down

Post  Lissa Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:09 pm

Hey, if it still works, use it. I think they all went digital like 2-3 years ago and now that the initial surge is over, they're dirt cheap.
Lissa
Lissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HannahBears_Mom Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:47 am

The gym is anywhere from 4-6lbs heavier than moms place though I weigh in at her house every week (Saturdays). The 21st I was 166.5, The 28th I was 163. I need to see about investing in a scale but then I would weigh myself into insanity. I'll run over and use Mel's fancy schmancy scale Twisted Evil
HannahBears_Mom
HannahBears_Mom

Back to top Go down

Post  Lissa Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:34 am

I've been checking the scale like every other day, first thing in the morning. Yes, it's a bit obsessive, but I can't handle not checking for a whole week. I realize there will be fluctuations, but I need to see what's working and what's not.

That said, I'm not checking this morning...we had Mexican last night and I don't want to see the damage. pig

I'll wait until tomorrow to check, after I've spent the afternoon today working it off.
Lissa
Lissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramie Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:28 am

Me and the scale are not goiong to be friends this week..After Mexican food on Friday, and Italian food and all the wine that goes with it on Sat...I think I will lock away the scale till Friday Evil or Very Mad
Ramie
Ramie

Back to top Go down

Post  HannahBears_Mom Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:55 am

Ramie wrote:Me and the scale are not goiong to be friends this week..all the wine that goes with it on Sat...I think I will lock away the scale till Friday Evil or Very Mad

That sounds about right...but mine was vodka tonics!
HannahBears_Mom
HannahBears_Mom

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramie Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:30 pm

Never had a vodka tonic..but I sure do love gin and tonics bounce
Ramie
Ramie

Back to top Go down

Post  Lissa Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:30 am

I was 201.2 this morning. Down 1.4. I'll be ecstatic with the same loss next week.
Lissa
Lissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramie Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:57 pm

I did not do so good this week...168 for me..thats +1...how sad...
Ramie
Ramie

Back to top Go down

Post  Lissa Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:43 pm

Not sad...that's my GOAL. But then, I am built like an Amazon (5'9", size 10.5 shoe). Rolling Eyes

Don't get distressed. It's only Week 1. Cool
Lissa
Lissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HannahBears_Mom Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:06 pm

161.5 this morning
HannahBears_Mom
HannahBears_Mom

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramie Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:46 pm

I am back to 167 this week...I am not doing so good...I liked yesterdays weight better it was 2lbs less...oh well what are you going to do....
Ramie
Ramie

Back to top Go down

Post  Lissa Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:20 pm

The fluctuations are frustrating, aren't they? Mad

I'm at 200.6. Sooooo close! Grrr...
Lissa
Lissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HannahBears_Mom Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:53 pm

After a coffee breakfast and a huge lunch (not to mention a late dinner last night) I am back up to 165 (as of 5pm on Saturday). GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR This sucks! I need to get my own scale and weigh myself in the mornings!
HannahBears_Mom
HannahBears_Mom

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:25 am

I AM NOT POSTING MY WEIGHT HERE!! NOT READY FOR THAT. LETS JUST SAY I AM BETWEEN
225-235 AND NOT REALLY HAPPY ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am just not in the diet mode right now. Work has been crazy, kids have been crazy, my
sister is going through a mess with her husband. I am just stressed. I can't diet when
I am stressed like this. I need to though. I feel horrible. My problem is NOT eating.
I don't eat enough or I starve so much that I grab something bad for me. I am also
a HUGE sweet tooth. That's my biggest craving. I miss my 130 pound days.
Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  HannahBears_Mom Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:57 pm

Mimi wrote:My problem is NOT eating. I don't eat enough or I starve so much that I grab something bad for me. I am alsoa HUGE sweet tooth. That's my biggest craving. I miss my 130 pound days.

Mine isn't a sweet tooth, it's salt, lots of salt....and alcohol. Between those two I'm screwed. Evil or Very Mad
HannahBears_Mom
HannahBears_Mom

Back to top Go down

Post  Lissa Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:39 pm

I was absolutely awful last night and I didn't even care. My back was killing me, so I took a leftover Lortab from my c-section (yeah, I know they're from a year ago Laughing ), but they helped. I forgot about it and then had a glass of wine with dinner. Holy crap, was I relaaaaaaxed. But, it was AWESOME.

I was back up to 202 this morning, but I don't even give a crap. It felt great. Twisted Evil

Back on the wagon today, though.
Lissa
Lissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lissa Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:00 pm

Mimi wrote:I AM NOT POSTING MY WEIGHT HERE!! NOT READY FOR THAT. LETS JUST SAY I AM BETWEEN
225-235 AND NOT REALLY HAPPY ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am just not in the diet mode right now. Work has been crazy, kids have been crazy, my
sister is going through a mess with her husband. I am just stressed. I can't diet when
I am stressed like this. I need to though. I feel horrible. My problem is NOT eating.
I don't eat enough or I starve so much that I grab something bad for me. I am also
a HUGE sweet tooth. That's my biggest craving. I miss my 130 pound days.

Stress is horrible for the diet. I always feel like holing myself up in my room, but I force myself to get some exercise, even if it's just to go for a walk, and it always makes me feel better. Seriously, endorphins can really help to clear your head. I have the best workouts when I'm mad or annoyed at something. I take my aggressions out on my body.

As for the cravings, I get sweet AND salty. I keep 100 calorie snacks on hand ALL THE TIME, so I don't reach for the bad stuff (if it weren't for Eric, I wouldn't even have them in the house). For sweets, I like the chocolate drizzle Quakes, HC fudge bars, and the 100 cal Chips Ahoy crisps. For salt, I like cheese sticks (80 cal) or I bag my own 100 cal bags of pretzels.

I'm bad with getting my 5 daily servings of fruits and veggies, so I also drink the low sodium V8. I also use those flavor things you add to your water bottle, with added fiber. If I need an extra kick in the butt, I have one with caffeine, too.
Lissa
Lissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HannahBears_Mom Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:37 am

Well, at least we are all dieting and miserable together instead of alone. I have a FIVE HOUR BLOCK of meetings today. So much for going to the tread on my lunch break.
HannahBears_Mom
HannahBears_Mom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum